Sunday 4 January 2009

Sean Rodrieguez' Rehab Diary: Day Two

7:32 am 
I’ve just awoken naked atop my man made waterfall. Amelie sleeps peacefully beside me, her black hair shifting back and forth with each breath like an ocean tide drawing back and forth into the beautiful infinity of her shoulders. For a moment everything in the world seems right. Something inside me fits just perfectly. I light a cigarette and exhale slowly, looking out across the expanse of luxury below me. How lucky I am to be so SuperAwesome. Outside a symphony of birds play a delightful tune to the lush backdrop of the sun shining out across a frosty early English morning and it seems as though I can see it’s reflection in every slowly melting piece of ice on every blade of perfectly trimmed grass on my long, ornate 44 acre back garden. Outside it’s probably below freezing but here in the artificial environment of the Spa it’s a delightful 22 degrees which the inordinately expensive air conditioning is blowing a perfect breeze through. I let my feet dangle off the edge of the waterfall and look down into the plunge pool below, finishing my cigarette off and stubbing it out on one of the many ashtrays I had built into the artificial rocks decorating the peak. Perhaps this rehab was the right thing for me, maybe it’s going to make me a better man, a better human.
A long elegant, bronzed arm reaches over my broad shoulders and rests on the expanse of muscle that is my chest. It’s Amelie. Suddenly I feel such love and compassion for the world, for her. I feel her lips kiss my shoulder muscles gently and her breath sounds into my ear as she leans close to it.
“Mon Chéri…” She whispers, her voice an angelic choir to my ears…
“Would you like a beer?”

9:02am  
I awake in a daze, washed up on the plunge pool’s shore. There’s blood everywhere. Christ what have I done? Where’s Amelie?

Alcohol Intake: Zero Units
Cigarettes Smoked: 6 (better today)
Urge To Kill: ???
Song of The Moment: Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
Current Mood: What The Fuck Have I Done?

No comments:

Post a Comment